Warley Hospital (The Galleries)
- ProjectWarley Hospital (The Galleries)
- ClientCity & Country Residential Ltd
- Size232 Apartments
- StatusCompleted Phase 1 in 2006, and Phase 2 in 2010
A former NHS grade II listed Victorian hospital dating from the mid-19th century is being sympathetically refurbished into a mixture of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom luxury apartments set within formal landscaped grounds and courtyards. 232 apartments are being created within the main hospital and ancillary out-buildings in the heart of the commuter belt.
Working closely with the client, an appraisal of the approved scheme has been undertaken with the scheme being developed further in order to provide a more sympathetic remodeling and an increase in the overall density of the development. This has involved the close liaising with local planners and listed building officers resulting in amendments to the original approval and the submission of additional planning applications in line with government policies regarding regeneration and density.
- Daily Mail UK Property Awards – Best Redevelopment 2007
- Hot Property - Green award for apartments 2007
- New Homes and Gardens - Best restored garden 2007
- Hot Property – Platinum, Best Commutability Award 2008
- Daily Telegraph - Your new homes best conversion and best landscape design 2008
- Evening Standard - Best conversion 2008